Top 10 School Districts in San Diego
Buying a home in an accredited school district is a top priority for many potential San Diego homebuyers. If you have kids currently, planning on starting a family or just looking to maximize your resale value of your investment, looking into the school district should be on the list. The making of a great school district has many ranking factors such as test scores, college readiness, SAT scores and teacher quality. Here is a best of list based on some of those factors…
- San Dieguito Union High School- Award winning district that serves our Northern coastal cities as well as Rancho Santa Fe and Fairbanks Ranch.
- Poway Unified- Largest district in the county and also ranked as the safest.
- Coronado Unified- Serves students throughout 5 schools and holds the honor of having some of the best teachers in the state.
- Spencer Valley Elementary- 9.9 square miles in the north east mountains of San Diego. Ranked #1 Safest District in California.
- San Marcos Union- Also on the honor list of Top 10 safest school districts and reaches over 49 square miles.
- Carlsbad Union- Accommodates more than 11,000 students that entails 2 high schools, 3 middle schools, 9 elementary and 2 alternative schools.
- Grossmont Union High School- Noted as one of the most diverse in all of San Diego.
- Chula Vista Elementary- Spans 103 square miles and serves 298,000 residents. 47 schools including 7 charters.
- San Diego Union- Makes the #17 rank on the list of most diverse.
- Lakeside Union Elementary- Known to have some of the best teachers in all of San Diego.
Parent or investor, you’ll want to pay close attention to the district your home is located in. Whether your motive is educational or financial, where the school closest to your property ranks could make all the difference.